Question: Buria mgloiu nebo kroet..

Timothy D. Sergay tsergay at COLUMBUS.RR.COM
Mon Oct 18 18:11:55 UTC 2004

It's been a long time since I dealt with that, but it may be the
"nagliadno-primernoe znachenie sovershennogo vida." See Mets, N.A., ed.,
Prakticheskaia grammatika russkogo iazyka dlia zarubezhnykh prepodavatelei
rusistov, (Moscow: Russkii iazyk, 1985), pp. 124ff. It also seems to me that
in English we have a similarly expressive use of the future tense, as in
"From time to time he'll let loose with a savage verbal attack on a
subordinate."

Regards to all,
Tim Sergay