multilingual computing: request for non-expert comments

Uladzimir Katkouski uladzik at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 20 17:24:05 UTC 2004

Hi Kevin:

It's a good article.

I'd like to make just one small remark. Similar issues
that non-techies have with Cyrillics and Cyrillic
encodings also arise with Latin-based alphabets such
as Polish, Czech, Slovak, and Belarusian Lacinka.

And if you go beyond the topic of text encoding, there
is much more to the topic, namely, the differences
between locales and all the issues you have with the
localization into Slavic languages.

Kind regards,
Uladzimir Katkouski
http://blog.rydel.net/