Ocherki kommunal'nogo byta: Announcement

Slava Paperno sp27 at CORNELL.EDU
Tue Sep 21 00:27:52 UTC 2004

"Ocherki kommunal'nogo byta" by Ilia Utekhin has just been added to the
online catalog of Lexicon Bridge Publishers. It is a semiotic study of
zhizn' v kommunal'noj kvartire, a uniquely Soviet and Russian experience.
Many mysterious traits of Homo Soveticus are best observed and analyzed in
that environment, and Dr. Utekhin of European University in St. Petersburg
does that with superb perceptiveness and humor. Read about the book and
order it at:

http://lexiconbridge.com/apartment/

Those who know my interests will immediate see why I'm fascinated:
Utekhin's work is perfect for a multimedia disk, and yes, we want to
produce one, with video, pictures, narration, texts... it is perhaps
fortunate that we won't be able to include the smells of a kommunalka.
We're at the planning stage, and any advice will be welcome. In the
meantime, you should enjoy visiting Utekhin's Virtual Museum, in Russian, at:

http://www.kommunalka.spb.ru/expo.htm

Slava Paperno