Request ...

MICHAEL PUSHKIN michael.pushkin at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Wed Sep 22 09:09:26 UTC 2004

Perhaps it's Marina Tsvetaeva's poem 'Est' nekii chas, kak sbroshennaya klazha...' from her 'Uchenik' cycle, in which she speaks of 'Odinochestva - verkhovnyi chas' ?

Mike Pushkin
CREES
University of Birmingham
UK

"Prof. R. Sussex" <sussex at UQ.EDU.AU> wrote:
I have a request from a colleague which I can't resolve: advice much
appreciated. Axmatova?
Many thanks
Roly Sussex

###

I have been for some months teased by a memory of something I recall being
said by a Russian poet, a woman, 20C: that poetry is work done in solitude
for everyone. Can anyone help me locate the source? Do any other sources of
a similar sentiment come to mind, not necessarily about poetry but about
the indirect sociability of solitary work?

--

Roly Sussex
Professor of Applied Language Studies

University's CRICOS provider number: 00025B

Office: Greenwood 434 (Building 32)
Phone: +61 7 3365 6896
Fax: +61 7 3365 6799
Email: sussex at uq.edu.au