Urgent request: pre-1990's era former Soviet Professor needed for consultation.

Chris B. Clough chrisbclough at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 23 12:46:41 UTC 2004

Dear SEELANGers,

I am forwarding you a request from an acquaintance who is looking for
someone in Moscow, who could help him next week - he will be in Moscow
Tuesday or Wednesday.  Please reply off list ASAP if you have any
suggestions.

All the best,

Chris B. Clough
chrisbclough at gmail.com

_______________________

I know it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but I figured I'd ask: I am
interested in meeting a Russian professor who taught prior to 1990 the
topic of western history (perhaps, though not necessarily still does).
Specifically, I am interested in getting a perspective on how US and
European development (colonization of the Americas, Africa; industrial
revolution; perspective on various important western historical
events) was taught in Soviet Russia. Do you know anyone in Moscow that
might be appropriate for me to talk to? Are there any Russian
textbooks that date pre-1990 that would deal with these topics? Would
they be in English?

--
Chris B. Clough
Editor