Ocherki kommunal'nogo byta: Announcement

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Sep 27 05:43:52 UTC 2004

Dear Slava Paperno,

Thanks for mentioning Utekhin.

As regards your possible multimedia disk - let me mention that my
forthcoming anthology of Russian short stories (Penguin Classics, 2005) will
include my translation of several Zoshchenko stories, including
'Electrification' and 'Crisis', and Joanne Turnbull's tr. of
Krzhizhanovsky's wonderful 'Quadraturin'.  I'm sure Penguin would allow you
to include these, or extracts from them, should you so wish.  (And if you
don't know 'Quadraturin', I can easily email it to you!

Best Wishes,

Robert Chandler