Award for Michael Katz

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at TEMPLE.EDU
Sun Aug 7 02:12:20 UTC 2005

Dear SEELANGers:

Our own Michael Katz, Professor of Russian at Middlebury, has been honored
with a major award by the Association of Departments of Foreign Languages,
the Award for Distinguished Service in the Profession:

> The eleventh ADFL Award for Distinguished Service in the Profession will be
> presented to Michael Katz, the C. V. Starr Professor of Russian and Dean
> Emeritus of the Language Schools and Schools Abroad at Middlebury College. The
> award honors eminent scholar-teachers for exceptional contributions to the
> field of foreign languages and literatures at the postsecondary level, and
> Michael Katz has illustrated, as few can, extraordinary dedication coupled
> with outstanding accomplishments to the field of foreign languages.

The full award citation may be found on the web at:

http://www.adfl.org/katz.htm

The award will be presented at the MLA conference in Washington, DC in
December.

With best regards to all,

Ben Rifkin

--