First names of Borras, Pulkina, etc.?

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Mon Aug 22 12:53:08 UTC 2005

>Can anyone help with the first names of the following 5 linguists who have
>written grammars on the Russian language?
>
>I.M. Pulkina and E. Zakhava-Nekrasova: Russian: A Practical Grammar with
>Exercises.
>
>F.M. Borras and R. F. Christian: Russian Syntax.
>
>D.E. Rozental': Spravochnik po pravopisaniyu i literaturnoi pravke.

Soviet editions of all books usually spelled the name and patronimic of all
names in the back, the very last page of any edition. So I looked at my own
copy and saw

Il'za Maksimilianovna Pul'kina
Ekaterina Borisovna Zaxava-Nekrasova.

As for foreign names, Library of Congress catalogue often spells out the
initials and even occasionally gives you the birth date (if there there are
two of them, for ex).

 Alina Israeli
 LFS, American University
 4400 Mass. Ave., NW