Looking for advice on student Fulbright application (political science)

Nicole Monnier monniern at MISSOURI.EDU
Wed Aug 24 21:05:27 UTC 2005

Dear SEELANGSers,

I have a student who is applying this fall for a Fulbright English Teaching
Assistantship in Russia and is in the process of putting together her proposal for the
component research project. (For those of you unfamiliar with this particular
Fulbright program, the program combines a teaching assistantship of about 24
hours/week with an independent study/ research project.)

As I am unversed in political science (her primary field of study), I was wondering
whether somewhere out there might be willing to read her one-page proposal to
comment on the political sensitivity and general viability of her chosen project,
currently entitled "Politics in the Provinces: Female Participation in Russia's
Regional Assemblies in the Putin Era". Both she and I would be MOST grateful for
any help or advice. Please reply off-list to monniern at missouri.edu.

As a side note: for those of you unfamiliar with the Fulbright English Teaching
Assistantship or Fulbright Community Service Grants in Russia, they're most
certainly work checking out. There are five of each on offer for the 2005-2006
academic year:

 http://www.iie.org/Content/NavigationMenu/Fulbright_Demo_Site/
U_S__Student_Program/Fulbright_Grant_Opportunities/Russia.htm

Gratefully,

Nicole

Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Instruction
Director of Undergraduate Studies (Russian)
German & Russian Studies
415 GCB
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211