Robert Maguire

Cathy Popkin cp18 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Aug 27 15:02:20 UTC 2005

We are putting together a small booklet of tributes to/reminiscences of
Robert Maguire to have on hand the day of his memorial service (Sept. 15).
If any of you who worked with him (or simply knew and cared for him) have
anything
to contribute that you think should be known and remembered about him,
please send
 me a few lines by Sept. 2.

Thank you.
The details of the service are repeated below.

Cathy Popkin

There will be a memorial service for Robert Maguire in New York on
Thursday, September 15, 2005, beginning with a requiem mass at the Church
of Notre Dame (Morningside Drive and W. 114th St.) at 9:45 a.m., followed
by a service at St. Paul's Chapel (on the Columbia Campus) at 11:00 a.m.
The Slavic Department and the Harriman Institute will be hosting an
informal gathering afterward.  I hope that the many of you who have written
to express your sadness and to inquire about a memorial will be able to
attend.