Great Czech Television Resource; anything comparable for other Slavic Languages?

Danko Sipka Danko.Sipka at ASU.EDU
Thu Dec 1 04:48:58 UTC 2005

Czech TV video quality and content diversity are not matched by other Slavic
stations (maybe only by Slovene TV) but there are similar resources:

Russian:
ATV: http://www.atv.ru/video
State TV: http://www.1tv.ru and http://www.vesti.ru (only shorter clips)

Slovene:
http://www.rtvslo.si/modload.php?&c_mod=rtvav&c_id=1 (there are several
various categories to choose from)

Polish:
http://www.tvp.pl (only news programs, national and local)

BCS
http://www.rts.co.yu/emisije.asp (archive, various shows)
http://www.rts.co.yu (news)
http://www.b92.org/ (news only)
http://www.pbsbih.ba (news only)
http://www.hrt.hr/e-misije.html

Also, if your university is subscribed http://www.scola.org, has virtual
classes in Polish, Czech, and Russian (you get a news video clip, audio
clip, transcript, translation, glossary - everything is fully downloadable).

Best,

Danko Sipka
Professor of Slavic Languages
Department of Languages and Literatures