Bulgakov and Megre on CBC Christmas Booklist 2005

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Mon Dec 5 21:05:49 UTC 2005

It is not the first time that I see on our list such postings which remind
me a sales pitch. I tried to read the first book of Megre's in Russian,
and found it quite boring. It reminded me "Sibiriada" of the Brezhnev's
time. I do not think that Megre's books deserve to be even mentioned right
next to Bulgakov's creations. However, it is just my personal opinion.
I would appreciate if anyone who likes those books would make an effort to
convince me that I am wrong, and explain the merits of reading them.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>