UVA Lecturer, Andy Kaufman, discusses Tolstoy on national TV

Andrew Kaufman adk59 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 7 22:03:54 UTC 2005

Hello Slavists,

Thank you for your many kind emails regarding my interview yesterday on the
national TV show Democracy Now! I discussed the importance of Tolstoy and
his War and Peace. Click here to read a transcript and play a video of my
interview:

My segment appears about 6 minutes into the show and lasts about 6 minutes.
The whole interview was completely unscripted and impromptu…a little
nerve-wracking, to say the least!

If you have time, you should watch the whole program. It’s all about
Tolstoy, War and Peace. It's fascinating. And it proves that the study of
Russian literature is still highly relevant. We should all feel proud of
what we teach and study and know that many people across the country are
eager to learn from us!

Sincerely yours,
Andy Kaufman