More about "Eto tol'ko tsvetochki"

Timothy D. Sergay tsergay at COLUMBUS.RR.COM
Wed Dec 21 17:37:58 UTC 2005

For "eto tol'ko tsvetochki", may I suggest as an option:

> Just you wait Henry Higgins, just you wait!

If revenge is to play the role of "iagodki", this would be an interesting
option, all right. But shouldn't it be "'enry 'iggins"?

When the first member alone is used in the past tense (i.e., without the
"iagodki vperedi"), I also like to consider "But [all] that was only a
prelude..."

Tim Sergay