polite vy

Daniel Collins collins.232 at OSU.EDU
Wed Dec 21 21:43:47 UTC 2005

See Boris Unbegaun, "Un point d'histoire de la politesse russe:
tutoiement et vousoiement," in Mélanges en l'honneur de Jules Legras
(Paris, 1939), 269–74; and  R. Benacchio [Benakk'o], "Novyi tip
chelovecheskikh otnoshenii: obrashchenie na Vy v petrovskuiu epokhu,"
in Logicheskii analiz iazyka: Obraz cheloveka v kul'ture i iazyke
(Moscow, 1999), 114–23.

Daniel E. Collins, Chair
Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures
The Ohio State University
400 Hagerty Hall
1775 College Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210-1340