Panel AAASS 2006

Anna Aydinyan anna.aydinyan at YALE.EDU
Fri Dec 23 19:14:38 UTC 2005

Dear Michele,

I would like to present a paper, where I compare Segei Parajanov's film "The
color of pomegranates", inspired by the songs of Sayat-Nova, and a long
poem of
Paruyr Sevak, inspired by the songs of Komitas. It will discuss both
poetry-film
and poetry-poetry adaptations, but this discussion will be in the context of
dissent and Soviet national policies.

Sincerely,
Anna Aydinyan