FYI: Forum on future of Russian politics

Tue Jan 11 20:42:41 UTC 2005

For those who are interested, C-SPAN broadcast the following program
yesterday (sorry about the late notice, but they do often reair
programs, so keep your eyes peeled):

Forum: The Future of Russian Politics
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Washington, District of Columbia (United States)
ID: 185097 - 01/10/2005 - 0:55 - $29.95

Susan Glasser, Deputy National Editor, Washington Post
Peter Baker, Foreign Affairs Correspondent, Washington Post
<http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/cspan.csp?command=dprogram&record=182741387>

This program is available online as:

"Kremlin's Rising: Putin's Russia and the Counter-Revolution"
Speakers Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, former Moscow Bureau Chiefs at
The Washington Post.
Woodrow Wilson Center, Washington, DC, 1/10/2005
<rtsp://video.c-span.org/15days/e011005_kremlin.rm>
Running time: 00:56:55.

My contribution: I propose the term "Potemkin democracy," which would
denote a system with all the trappings of democracy but none of the
substance. ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com