Slavic flyer

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Mon Jan 24 15:12:32 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues:

I am putting together a flyer for colleges and universities to use to help
promote Slavic language and literature classes.  The flyer can be used
anywhere, but will be designed to fit the cultural context of North American
institutions.

Please let me know if your institution teaches a language not on this list:

Bulgarian
Czech
Polish
Russian
Serbo-Croatian
Ukrainian

Anyone teaching Belarusan or Slovak?  Slovene or Macedonian?

Also, anyone teaching non-Slavic languages of Eastern Europe, e.g. Romanian,
Hungarian, Baltic languages?

Thanks for speaking up, contact me off list.

The flyer will be published in the AATSEEL Newsletter, which will be
distributed electronically, allowing AATSEEL members to print off the flyer
for distribution in their institution.

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin
Past President of AATSEEL

*************
Benjamin Rifkin
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Professor and Chair, Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic

Director, Title VI Center for Russia, E. Europe & Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1550 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-3379; Fax (608) 890-0267
http://www.wisc.edu/creeca