new web-based translation journal -- call for submissions!!!

Alex Spektor aspektor at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Jan 24 23:48:20 UTC 2005

Transfusion, a new web-based literary journal dedicated to publishing
translations of prose and poetry from Eastern Europe and the former Soviet
Union, is pleased to announce the launch of its first issue, on the web at
www.transfusionjournal.org. Transfusion aims to fill a significant gap in North
American publishing by featuring works that have never before appeared in
English. With institutional backing from Harvard University and the support of
key academics and Eastern European writers, we are now accepting submissions
for our second fall issue. If you have translations available, or would like to
workshop a project-in-progress with Transfusion, please send us your work. We
can be contacted by e-mail at slavtran at fas.harvard.edu.  Please note that
translators are responsible for securing permissions for publication.