Transl. & English-speaking prisoners

Mr Joshua Wilson philosopherking1848 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 15 08:26:26 UTC 2005

I think I'll agree with an earlier post here - "strip
search" is quite formal.  In slang, it is usually
"shake down" as in "he got the shake down" or even "he
been shook down" in the colloquial speech of black
prisoners.

A good resource on this in English is:
http://dictionary.prisonwall.org/.

JW