Urban design of St. Petersburg

Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU Subhash.Jaireth at GA.GOV.AU
Fri Jul 22 04:12:40 UTC 2005

Dear Friends,

I was wondering if someone can help me to find some information on the urban
design of St. Petersburg. We know that the city design was inspired by Dutch
water cities such as Amsterdam but there is little information on the
designer (or a group) that worked with Peter I. Did he, Peter I, came up with
the design? We know a lot but Italian architects who designed buildings in
St. Petersburg but there is little information about its design.

Thanks

Subhash