acmeism and imagism

Sapienza, Filipp Filipp.Sapienza at CUDENVER.EDU
Mon Jun 13 23:46:16 UTC 2005

Greetings. I am currently working on a paper that compares the tradition
of the recyclable subtext to certain contemporary rhetorical techniques
in electronic writing. I am primarily focused on Russian Acmeism at this
point but the editors of my text have asked that I broaden the
conceptualization of subtext beyond that tradition. That is, I suspect
that the Acmeists were not the only group interested in the subtext (or
sublation) even though they centered their poetics on it. I therefore
want to ask if anyone can recommend an article or two that examines how
poets or better yet, prose writers in English may have used Acmeist
techniques in their poetry. I am aware of Elaine Rusinko's article on
the comparison of Acmeism to Anglo-American imagism, but am looking for
other resources especially ones that can provide a specific example of
the process in the English language. Thank you.

Filipp Sapienza