FW: Re[4]: [SEELANGS] publitsistika v. zhurnalistika

John Dunn J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Tue Jun 14 09:11:09 UTC 2005

On the question of prefixes I decided some time ago that it would be useful to find out exactly which prefixes were used with пиарить, and it transpired that the following had either been encountered in my reading or could be found in real sentences through a google.ru search:

допиарить, запиарить, обпиарить, отпиарить, пропиарить, распиарить, спиарить.

No doubt our more entrepreneurially minded students could be persuaded to form sentences illustrating the precise difference between all these verbs.

Meanwhile, on the subject of PR, those benighted souls who have yet to understand that literary studies is just a branch of marketing science may wish to contemplate the following:

Q: What do V.V. Putin and A.P. Kern have in common?

A: Both have been described as a раскрученный брэнд

(See: http://www.rg.ru/2004/11/10/pushkin.html
and
http://www.newsru.com/background/21apr2005/poutine.html)