song lyrics?

Anne O'Brien Fisher aof at UMICH.EDU
Wed Jun 15 21:59:52 UTC 2005

Hello SEELANGovtsy,

I am looking for the author of these lines and the title of the poem or
song they are from. Yandex and Google couldn't help me out, I hope you
can!

Nasha zhizn' - eto arfa.
Dve struny na arfe toi.
Na odnoi igraet schast'e,
Liubov' igraet na drugoi.

Thank you,

Anne Fisher

"Time and again, when reading even the greatest Russian writers, like
Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, I find myself exclaiming, 'My God, this man is
bonkers!'"

- W. H. Auden, in his foreword to a translation of Konstantin
Leont'ev's selected works.

Anne Fisher
Ph.D. Candidate, University of Michigan Slavic Department
Sylvia "Duffy" Engle Graduate Student Fellow, University of Michigan
Institute for the Humanities
work tel: 734-936-1865
aof at umich.edu