Problems with Russian font

Benjamin Sher sher07 at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jun 17 05:04:48 UTC 2005

Dear friends:

My wife is editing her Russian translation of a French novel. The
original text was typed using the ER-Bukinist 1251 Cyrillic fonts in
MSWord 6 about six years ago. I would appreciate your help with
two problems:

1) When she tries to replace a character with the same or another
character, the new character is smaller in size. Please see
screenshots below:

http://www.websher.net/temp/kto1.jpg
http://www.websher.net/temp/kto2.jpg

Look for the word "kto" on the third line of the first paragraph. You
can see what happens by comparing the second screenshot with
the first.

As you can see, the font changes to Times New Roman
automatically even when I try to use ER Bukinist 1251.

Is a solution for Word97 the same as for WordXP?

2) How do you add accents to certain vowels to distinguish a word
from others that are spelled alike. What's the best way of doing
this in MSOffice?And is it done differently in Word 97 and Word
XP?

Thank you.

Benjamin