KHMYR' and "CREEP"

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Sat Jun 18 19:08:47 UTC 2005

However, there is nothing creepy in khmyr' by itself. Khmyr' can be creepy
but not necessarily.
I would suggest (depending on the desirable degree of vulgariry) loser,
schmuck, or asshole. At the same time, depending on the context, some
other specific-to-that-context translations might be more favorable.
For example, in already cited line of Voznesensky's poem "Antimiry," an
expression "nauchnyj khmyr'" would correspond to "egghead."

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>