Platonov mystery

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sat May 7 06:38:13 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I have received the following question from a Danish librarian I once met.
Can anyone help us?

I should like to ask you for help with a question about Andrei Platonov on
behalf of the Danish translator of James Meek's "The People's Act of Love" .

According to the Danish translator Meek's book begins with a Platonov
citation: "Busy remaking the world, man forgot to remake himself" from
"Nursery of the New Man". What I should like to ask you is: what is the
Russian title of the novel? I have tried to find out myself, but
unfortunately I cannot. Can you help me - and by helping me, the Danish
translator?

Best Wishes,

Robert