Russian Reading Exams -- preparatory materials

Donald Loewen djloewen at BINGHAMTON.EDU
Thu May 12 16:07:12 UTC 2005

Can anyone recommend a good book or set of study materials designed to
help graduate students develop reading proficiency in Russian?  (This is
for a student who's had two years of Russian, but now really needs to
concentrate on reading proficiency.)  I remember once using a text that
featured newspaper articles, and had good vocab-building exercises
associated with each text.  It was intended to be part of a standard
multi-skills course, I think, but something like that would probably be
helpful.  Materials that concentrate on subject matter from the social
sciences will be most useful.
With thanks for any advice,
Don Loewen