OCR today?

Mon May 23 16:00:29 UTC 2005

Ruby J. Jones wrote:

> I'm not the most experienced with OCR, but OmniPage Pro 14 was a serious
> disappointment for me.  The Cyrillic characters have a tendency to bleed
> through into the English--and vice versa--even when the document
> contains only one language.  This greatly increased the editing time.
> Maybe I'll be trying Finereader instead.

FineReader allows you to choose the settings Russian, Russian+English,
or English, and you can do so for the default and also for individual
blocks of text. So you can mark some parts of your document as all
Russian, some as mixed, and some as all English.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com