Tanya Sevicheva's diary availability

Elena Gapova e.gapova at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue May 24 20:27:11 UTC 2005

If I am trying to remember correctly from my school days (I might not, as we
were all brainwashed then, and when our minds have been cleaned cleaned, we
forgot about Tanya Savicheva completely), the diary was, in fact, several
notes registering the death of her family as it was happening, not something
extended that could make a book.

For a diary, I can recommend "Blokadnaya kniga" (1981) by Granin and
Adamovich, where they extensively use, among others, the diary of Yura
Ryabinkin, a teenager of 15 or 16. He had a dense intellectual, or, rather
spiritual life, and he describes what he reads and thinks (and he reads
academic Tarle on Napoleon) - and at the same time fights with his mother
and is mad that she does not let him eat his daily ration at once, but
divides it into smaller pieces bo te eaten during the day. He died.
"Blokadnaya kniga" is not available online.

e.g.