Question on "the siege of St. Petersburg"

Russell Valentino russell-valentino at UIOWA.EDU
Wed May 25 15:51:50 UTC 2005

Elena Skriabina (emerita, University of Iowa Russian Dept.), *A Leningrad
Diary*, trans. Norman Luxembourg. The book appears to be in print but with
limited availability.

At 09:56 25.05.2005, you wrote:
> >Ottawa (Canada), Tuesday 24/5/05 19h35 EDT
> >
> >A vivid account of the siege of St-Petersburg by a Russian-Canadian
> >writer who lived through it as a young girl may be found in the first
> >chapter of Faina Blagodarova's autobiographical novel "Akh, `eti chernye
> >glaza..." (Baltimore, USA: "Forum", 1999),
>

>There was also a memoir by Elena Skrjabina, published a rather long time
>ago. We used it for teaching in the 80's. "Stranicy vospominanij" or
>something like that. Maybe someone knows the date and place of publication.
>
>__________________________
>  Alina Israeli
>  LFS, American University
>  4400 Mass. Ave., NW
>  Washington, DC 20016

Russell Valentino
Associate Professor
Program in Russian
Department of Cinema and Comparative Literature
University of Iowa
Tel. (319) 353-2193
Fax (319) 353-2524