Natasha at the ball?

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Oct 5 14:07:56 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

The upcoming 2005 Tolstoy Studies Journal, under the capable new
editorship of Michael Denner, will contain an article on this very
subject by Margo Rosen of Columbia University, who argues that Natasha
is attending Meyerbeer's Robert le Diable.  Please make sure that your
library is subscribing to Tolstoy Studies Journal!

Sincerely yours,

Donna Orwin

----------------------------
Prof. Donna Tussing Orwin
President, Tolstoy Society
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto
Alumni Hall 415
121 St. Joseph St.
Toronto. ON M5S 1J4
Tel. 416-926-1300. ext. 3316

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Amanda Ewington
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 12:19 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Natasha at the ball?

Hello all,

A student of mine has been searching around for information on which
opera is being staged in the "Natasha at the opera" scene in War and
Peace.  Any sources or thoughts on the matter would be much
appreciated.  Please reply to me off-list or directly to my student,
Joel Hewett: johewett at davidson.edu

Thanks!

Amanda Ewington
Amanda Ewington, Ph.D.