soviet sports memoirs

Nina Shevchuk n_shevchuk at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 20 13:42:53 UTC 2005

Dear Seelangers:

Do you know of any memoirs by Soviet athletes written/published post-zastoi? I recently had to come up with something reflecting on the state of Soviet sports from the inside perspective, and all the books I could think of myself are too old, out of print, hard to find, very obscure. The ones I read were "Zheleznyh Posyl," "Dve polovinki serdtsa" and other horse-related memoirs - too specialized for normal people, I think.
Anyhow, all your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Nina Shevchuk-Murray