Lenin - sotsializatsiia zemli

simon.krysl at DUKE.EDU simon.krysl at DUKE.EDU
Sun Oct 23 16:41:34 UTC 2005

Dear friends and colleagues,
my apologies again: this as a complement to my previous question on Na agrarnom
fronte.... I have asked in the frame of a project on Begriffsgeschichte: I am
trying to establish the changes in terminology regarding agrarian reform/ land
property up to what later came to be called kollektivizatsiia. In this context,
the term "socializatsiia"  zemli seems also to be under dispute. Lenin, in the
draft programme for the 7th Party Congress (Sochineniia (4ed.) 27, 127-132: 128
writes that the dictatorship of the proletariat puts the party before the task
"ispol'zovat' soiuz rabochikh i bedneishikh krest'ian, davshii uzhe otmenu
chastnoi sobstvennosti na zemliu, i zakon o toi perekhodnoi forme ot melkogo
krest'ianskogo khoziaistva k sotsializmu, kotoruiu sovremennye ideologi
stavshego na stranu proletariev krest!ianstva nazvali sotsializatsiei zemli,
dlia postepennogo. no neuklonnogo perekhoda k obschei obrabotke zemli i k
krupnomu sotsialisticheskomu zemledeliiu..."
Is it, I would like to ask, clear whom does Lenin have in mind under ideologi
krest'anstva, viz. what is at stake in this terminological difference?
Perhaps is this all really clear (and should be to me), but  nonetheless, can
anyone help me on the matter?

Many, many thanks
Sincerely yours,
Simon Krysl