Fw: Exchange students from Serbia and Montenegro

Danko Sipka Danko.Sipka at ASU.EDU
Fri Oct 28 20:26:28 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,
I am forwarding this on behalf of American Councils. Please direct your
inquiries to: inbound at americancouncils.org.
Best,

Danko

Danko Sipka
Professor of Slavic Languages
Department of Languages and Literatures
Arizona State University
Web: http://www.public.asu.edu/~dsipka
Mail: Danko.Sipka at asu.edu

Dear Colleagues and Friends of International Exchange,

American Councils: ACTR/ACCELS, a non-profit organization committed to
international education in Eurasia, Southern Europe, and Afghanistan, is
looking for a few interested families to host high school foreign exchange
students for the spring semester of 2006 school year. These students are
participating in the new program:

A-SMYLE ( the American Serbia & Montenegro Youth Leadership Exchange
Program) This program is funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural
Affairs of the U.S. Department of State and supported by the Ministry of
Education of Serbia and Montenegro.

More information on the programs can be found at www.americancouncils.org

Students have undergone a competitive process to earn the right to represent
their countries in these programs. Each student speaks English and is eager
to learn about American Culture and be a good ambassador of their country.
We are looking for families willing to host who are able to provide students
with a loving and supportive environment, a place to sleep (sharing a room
is okay), meals and snacks, as you would normally provide a member of your
family and a quiet place to study. All types of families are welcomed
including those with teenagers or younger children in the home, retirees,
"empty nesters," and single parent families.

What are the benefits for you to host?
  Partake in historic programs sponsored by our government.
  Share our culture with people from other countries.
  Create positive impressions about America and Americans, breaking
stereotypes.
  Learn about cultures of the world on a personal level.
  Receive a $50/month tax deduction.

American Councils provides the following for students:
· $175 incidental fund
· $100 emergency fund
· $125 monthly stipend
· medical insurance
We have coordinators in the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, IA,
KS, LA, MD, ME, MI, MT, NY, OK, PA, VA, WA, WI

Please forward this to anyone you may think is interested.

For more information please contact us at: inbound at americancouncils.org or
by phone:
 1-800-621-9559
Yours in peace and mutual understanding,

Benjamin Gaylord
Tatyana Taratynova
Inbound Programs

Tatyana Taratynova
Program Assistant, Inbound Programs
American Councils for International Education:ACTR/ACCELS
1776 Massachusetts Ave., NW #700
Washington, D.C. 20036
tel. 202-833-7522
fax. 202-833-7523