two questions in the translation realm

Nina Shevchuk n_shevchuk at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 8 16:32:56 UTC 2005

Dear Seelangers!
I am working on some translations from Ukrainian into English for my Master's Thesis at UNL. Hilda Raz and Mila Saskova-Pierce suggested I post my questions here:

1) a technical question: how do you translate the verb "materit'sia" (to curse in the uniquely Russian manner) into English? I have a good dictionary, but it has very proper sensibilities....

2) Besides "Two Lines" are there other journals that publish translations on a regular basis. "Paintbrush," I think, is one, but the editor is on a break for the rest of the year...

Thanks in advance,
Nina Shevchuk - Murray
University of Nebraska - Lincoln