Russian tricolor

Fri Sep 9 15:43:10 UTC 2005

Valery Belyanin wrote:

> It may not be related to the origin of the flag but I would like to say a
> word after a long silence:).
> It is easy to remember the sequence of the colours - white, blue and red in
> Russian flag in Russian language like this:
> Belyj, Sinij, Krasnuj - BaSiK ("basic" stands for an old computer language)
> or as I was told recently there is another version if we look at the flag
> from below::
> Krasnuj, Goluboj, Belyj which can be remembered as KGB "snizu vverh" (from
> bottom to head) :)

OK, so which is it, siniy or goluboy?

I was taught in school that these are two different things... ;-)

P.S. When Gmail users post to mailing lists, they should specify the
return address "<>" (without the quotation marks). Gmail will think
you've specified an address and leave it alone, but the listserv
software will see it as blank and supply its own. Then replies will go
to the list, promoting discussion.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com