STALINKA

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at BUFFALO.EDU
Sun Sep 25 04:35:08 UTC 2005

I would friendly suggest to the announcing team of the University of
Pittsburgh try to refrain from the terms that they chose both for the name
and the description of the archive. Something less affectionate than
"uncle Joe" style  would be more appropriate. Somebody might try to use
"Hitleriana" and "Hitlerka" for a Russian collection of Hitler-related
papers but it would look like a collection for Neo-Nazis. Just replace
Hitler for Stalin to see if any of your proposals would sound right. For
example, Staliniada cf. Hitleriada, and so on.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at buffalo.edu>