can excess text be reduced?

Steven Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Thu Sep 29 13:02:14 UTC 2005

Dear colleagues:

Every time I receive an "index" of one day's announcements on
SEELANGS, simultaneously with that index I receive a little
NOTIFICATION (SEPARATE MESSAGE) from Seelangs,  telling
me that I have just received that which I just received.

What a waste that "notification" is.  Total duplication.  Just
that much more clutter that I need to delete.

In my view, that "notification,"  which seems to serve no
purpose, should never have existed in the first place.   But
if it does exist (unfortunately), there ought to be a way, now,
to ELIMINATE it from the Seelangs system. In fact, maybe such
a way exists already?

Do any of you share my view?

Sincerely,
Steven P Hill,