Programs in interpreting and translation

Deborah Hoffman lino59 at AMERITECH.NET
Fri Apr 7 13:37:23 UTC 2006

I would like to recommend the program I'm currently
enrolled in at Kent State University.  Beyond the
rigorous translation training it is largely free of
the nastiness and ego battles that persuaded me not to
pursue Slavics initially in 1993 when I got my B.A.
There is a strong emphasis on cooperation between
students and sharing information and resources, which
ultimately produces a better result for everyone since
none among us can know every possible nuance.
Students are made aware of and encouraged to take
advantage of a wide range of professional development
activities from the very first weeks. Anyway, I'll be
happy to take private questions as well.  Best,
Deborah