AW: [SEELANGS] "well-endowed"

Gasan Gusejnov gasan.gusejnov at DW-WORLD.DE
Wed Apr 12 08:15:22 UTC 2006

perhaps, the best "original" for "well-endowed" is "ladnaya", as e.g.
"xoro60 slo*ennaya" would be a calque.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] Im Auftrag von Peter Scotto
Gesendet: Dienstag, 11. April 2006 18:36
An: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Betreff: Re: [SEELANGS] "well-endowed"

How about just "stroinaia" as a culturally appropriate and unforced-sounding
term. I rather like it because it picks up on English "built" - to my ear.

A Russian colleague of mine suggests "khoroshaia figura" as non-offensive
and colloquial.

The rest,as my old conversation teacher - Anatolii Sapronov - used to say is
pure "anglosaksonstvo."

Peter Scotto
Department of Russian
Mount Holyoke College