classics on line (translation)

Inna Caron caron.4 at OSU.EDU
Thu Apr 20 00:08:42 UTC 2006

Many can be found here:
http://www.online-literature.com/author_index.php

It's not just Russian writers, so you have to search by name, but the
translations are acceptable. I used this in my class as a source for
some short stories, which I could not find in English translation
otherwise.
All novels that are likely to be studied on the level where an English
translation is needed are definitely available on this site.

Inna Caron
Ohio State

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Benjamin Rifkin
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 7:45 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] classics on line (translation)

Dear SEELANGers:

Does anyone know of a website with the 19th century Russian classics on
line in translation?  This would help students search for a particular
phrase or image when writing a paper, especially useful for the longer
novels.

With thanks,

Ben Rifkin