Seven Steps Over the Horizon

Sarah Hurst sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
Thu Apr 20 19:58:01 UTC 2006

Can anyone tell me about the Ukrainian "popular science" film "Seven Steps
Over the Horizon" made in the 1970s or '80s by F. Soboliev, according to
this link:

http://www.ukraineinfo.org/main/en/publication/content/303.htm

I'm doing a translation that talks about demonstrations of telepathy, then
goes on to say that because of his interest in the supernatural, one of the
"novellas" - not sure what that means either - of the film "Seven Steps Over
the Horizon" was dedicated to the chess player Mikhail Tal. Does anyone know
anything about the content of this film or can you explain what is meant by
a "novella"? I would have guessed an episode.

Sarah Hurst