Dovlatov's The Compromise(10)

Vladimir Shatsev shatsev at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 5 03:34:08 UTC 2006

Dear Seelangers,

I am in the habit of telling my English speaking Canadian friends about
S.Dovlatov.Recently I found a very well known Ann Frydman's translation of
The Compromise .

For some reson chapter10 of The Compromise which is about "Bush,the
parasyte" was ommited from this translation.It is pitty because  my English
speaking friends were intrigued in advance by my  enthusiastic
recommendation of this very chapter.

1.  I would be intereresting in finding this text in English ,pehaps on line
or by other means.
2.Would anybody have any suggestions as to why Ann Frydman,a gifted
translator,ommited this chapter?

Regards,

Vladimir Shatsev

Language and Drama Teacher