Maximov and Grossman and Markish

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Fri Aug 11 08:20:23 UTC 2006

Dear All,

Two questions from members of SEELANGS, both off-list, have made me realized
I must have been careless in what I wrote previously.  So let me clarify:

In his article, ŒA Russian Writer¹s Jewish Fate¹ (COMMENTARY, April 1986),
Simon Markish wrote: ŒAnd quite recently, Vladimir Maximov, the novelist and
editor of the Paaris-based Russian journal Kontinent, has branded Grossman¹s
bitter thoughts on Russian history ³an openly racist declaration².

Best Wishes to all,

Robert