Food Studies in Russia

Jenny Holm jenny.holm at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 12 04:59:23 UTC 2006

Does anyone know of someone in the academic/professional world in
Russia doing work related to food studies?  I know the field is not at
all established there (and barely has a foothold here!), but I'd love
to get in touch with anyone whose research or field of interest
includes food and culture, i.e. changing dietary habits, the effect of
fast food on cultural practices, globalizing diets in the post-Soviet
era, etc.  Even someone with other academic interests but a strong
interest in cooking may work.  I'm looking for a Russian contact who
might be willing to function as my advisor for a year-long research
and writing project I hope to undertake there on a Fulbright grant.
Any leads or advice at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny Holm