Research materials in Russia

David Powelstock pstock at BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Aug 23 01:20:41 UTC 2006

Dear Jules (and anyone else interested),

Such services already exist. One I used some years ago is Russkii kur'er:
www.edd.ru (English home page at http://www.edd.ru/eng/e_Home.htm). I was
completely satisfied with their services and thought the prices reasonable.
I take their continued existence as a hopeful sign of continued reliability.
(If anyone else has positive or negative experiences with them, I'd love to
hear about it offline at powelstock at brandeis.edu. I'll anonymize and
summarize any data I receive for the list.)

Regards to all,
David Powelstock

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at listserv.cuny.edu] On Behalf Of Jules Levin
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:35 PM

It has occurred to me that if it is feasible to photocopy pages from such
materials in Russia (in 1981 I actually was shown a 19th C. St. Petersburg
address book in the Lenin Library reading room), someone there could earn
something charging for the service.  I would be happy to post information on
the Jewishgen list.
Jules Levin