Typing Accented Vowels in HTML

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Tue Aug 29 18:56:13 UTC 2006

Just now, having written that it's impossible to insert accented Cyrillic vowels, I noticed that at least on Википедия that there IS a way to display accented Cyrillic vowels that works for both IE and Firefox.

In the править window, using the Спецсимволы buttons, you can insert an accent. For instance:

Шара́шка
моя́

(You _should_ see the word шарашка with an accented /a/ and моя with an accented /я/.)

I'm sure there's a way to do this in HTML—so long as you're using UTF-8.

Anyone know how to do it? Seems like this would be very useful.

mad

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
   Dr. Michael A. Denner
   Editor, Tolstoy Studies Journal