distressing news

Robin LaPasha ruslan at DUKE.EDU
Tue Aug 29 22:59:23 UTC 2006

Thomas Keenan wrote:
> I regretfully inform you that Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber has announced that he
> is composing a musical (or maybe an opera) based on Master i Margarita.

I personally would welcome a musical treatment of this fantastic tale.
As far as Weber vs. another composer--
well, the literary work has been available for 40 years now, so it's not
like no one else has had a chance at it...

If it becomes more popular because of Weber's access to publicity, I
don't see that as a bad thing either.

Variety is the spice of life, but a steady rhythm is the source.

Robin LaPasha
ruslan at duke.edu