I need Russian-French, French-Russian dictionary

Bruno Aeschbacher yh.onurb at ONURB.CH
Wed Aug 30 17:19:06 UTC 2006

Just noticed that in my previous message, both links to the amazon.com site
came through broken, so you will need to fix the link by pasting both parts
together.

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Bruno Aeschbacher
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:15 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: I need Russian-French, French-Russian dictionary

The standard R<>F dictionary for beginners is the one published by Larousse
(ISBN 2034016254):

http://www.amazon.fr/Larousse-Mars-Russe-fran%e7ais-fran%e7ais-russe/dp/2034
016254/ref=sr_11_1/171-2753858-8314624?ie=UTF8

You can order it directly from Amazon France, although having it shipped to
the US might cost more than the book itself (proceed to checkout to get the
shipping cost). Maybe you can find it somewhere in the US at a French
bookstore?

Alternatively, Amazon.com has a link to a used copy which will ship from
California:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/2034016254/ref=dp_olp_0/103-7902276-3
179029?ie=UTF8&condition=all

This dictionary is clearly for beginners, hence not suited for working with
literary texts. At our (francophone) university, we use the ones by Sherba
(R>F) and Gak (F>R), which are the most complete R/F dictionaries available.

As far as I know, the only useful online F<>R dictionary (among other
language combinations) is the one by Multilex, although it is much less
comprehensive than the R<>E version:
http://online.multilex.ru/french-russian-french

Regards,
Bruno Aeschbacher